DIET is a four-letter word!


Since this is the first post of the New Year it came to mind that most people reading this have either started a diet, contemplating a diet or are wanting to watch what they eat. The word DIET is a nasty four-letter word in my opinion as the diet industry has become big business with low rates of success. If you have dieted, lost weight AND kept it off then congratulations! To the rest of the 95% of us that gained back the weight...or more weight than we lost - never fear, there is hope. I'll be discussing Super Foods in upcoming posts, which may help you in your journey towards a healthier lifestyle (notice, I didn't say a diet which may help you!)


You may be wondering what gives me any authority on losing weight or eating healthier. I won't go into all the details; however I have been overweight for more years in my life, than not. While growing up I was an athlete and could eat just about anything I wanted. I married right out of high school, quickly had a baby and have never been thin again since. As life stresses hit me over the years my weight escalated higher and higher.

In 2007, I lost 89 pounds by simply writing down everything that I ate, adding up the calories each day to keep within 1600 to 1800 calories a day plus ate lots of Super Foods while doing so. I've also been a carb junkie my entire life; but the most important thing was WHY I was a (bad) carb junkie. I truly believe that the reason the majority of overweight people are overweight is because we eat instead of dealing with life. I am a Food Addict and use food to soothe myself when I'm sad, mad, glad, have PMS or bored. I have fond memories of my mother and I going to the local bakery, buying a dozen raised glazed donuts and eating half of them on the way home...it even makes my mouth water just writing about it - plus provides a happy memory of my mother.

You may be able to relate to this, you may not, depending on your circumstances or where you are in your journey to being honest with yourself. If you consider yourself overweight and only have 5, 10, 20 pounds to lose then I can't relate and you probably can't relate to this article.

In March of 2008, life started a toward spiral with two family deaths, long term illness, empty nest syndrome, a job loss, husband's work injury, moving AND I gained back most of those unnecessary 89 pounds. It is hard to accept that I failed yet a great friend basically told me to let go of my self-loathing and failure to move forward. This statement was just what I needed to get started in a forward direction again. I began adding back Super Foods into my life and I'm feeling better (less depression, less aches, better mood, hugely reduced bad cholesterol level).

If you have never written down everything you eat, I highly suggest it! Just eat the way you normally do while writing down the calories for one week (there are many free online calorie calculators). Let me know what you discover about the things you eat.

I'd also love to hear about your experiences with the Super Foods which we will be discussing during the week...first post coming shortly.

Related Site

-Drink and Chicken Recipes

-Pork Chop Recipes online

Related Videos :below I show related videos and not so related to this article.

Title: Gimme a minute... with Marla (The four letter word!)

Title: Lose weight and get in shape! - New years resolution

http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/WeightLossSuccessStories.htm
Check out these inspirational stories! Is your new years resolution to lose weight and get in shape? Its not as tough as you think and I will show you how.

"Diet" is a four letter word, remove it from your vocabulary! If you go ON a diet, you will eventually have to come OFF it and when you do, your weight will rebound .

Make small, doable changes - not epic efforts doomed to failure. Small changes in our nutrition and lifestyle can make a huge difference over a year. For example:

--- two slices toast instead of a daily donut - lose 15lbs fat in a year
--- soda water instead of a daily coke - lose 15lbs fat in a year
--- baked potato instead of daily french fries - lose 40lbs fat in a year
--- walk 20 minutes a day - lose 10lbs fat in a year

The beauty of these little changes is that each one is easy but they all add up to make a huge difference. Just promise that you will walk at least 20min a day and choose 2 or 3 of the unhealthy things you eat on a daily basis and replace them with a healthy alternative. Just promise yourself that you will do them for one full month, anybody can live without french fries for one month! Just take it one day at a time, cross the days off on a calendar if you want. A wonderful thing will happen after a month, your new healthy habits will have formed! You will already feel better and have more energy, people will start complimenting you and you will be STOKED! You might even find that you are so excited about how good you feel that you choose to start walking 30min instead of 20minutes for the next month! You might even be inspired to buy a cheap used set of weights and start some strength training. Just take it one month at a time and slowly build upon your success, dont try to do everything all at once.

Please visit my free website ScoobysHomeWorkouts.com. I dont sell anything or promote any products so I can give my totally unbiased opinions. Consult with your physician before starting any fitness program.

The target audience for this video is people who dont work out and are overweight. If you are more of an advanced athlete, please see my website for a more appropriate workout and nutrition plan.






0 comments:

Post a Comment