Krystal's Package Wedding Cake


Krystal's Package Wedding Cake

I am finally able to post pictures of the cake that we did last weekend. And I say "we", because my husband actually did most of the work on this one. I'm teaching him well. I really enjoy the time that I get to spend with him while decorating cakes. He is by my side through every cake that I make. I keep trying to get him to go into business with me, but he isn't as passionate about cake decorating as I am. Even though he is extremely talented at it.

I am really pleased with how this cake turned out. (BE SURE TO CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO GET A BETTER LOOK AT THE DETAILS) I had never made a big bow out of fondant before, and it really was the highlight of this cake. It took four days to make, and it was fun to take on the challenge. Here are some pictures of the progress of my bow.


How To Make A Fondant Bow

I started by rolling out the fondant to about 1/8 inch
thickness. Next I cut it into 1 inch strips.

Krystal's Package Wedding Cake
I hung the strips over a wooden dowel, to shape them into a loop. I painted the ends with water and pinched them together.
Krystal's Package Wedding Cake
Then I painted each loop with a shiny, red luster dust.
Krystal's Package Wedding Cake
I found a plate that was about the same size as the bow that I needed, and covered it with waxed paper.
Krystal's Package Wedding Cake
I made a royal icing and colored it the same color as the bow. I started by putting a big glob in the center of the plate.
Krystal's Package Wedding Cake
I placed 7 loops on the bottom layer. I know the picture only shows 6, but I added one later.
Krystal's Package Wedding Cake
After the first layer dried a little bit, I put another big glob of royal icing in the center.
Krystal's Package Wedding Cake
And proceeded to add more loops...
Krystal's Package Wedding Cake
....and still more loops.
Krystal's Package Wedding Cake
I added more and more layers of icing and loops until the bow was complete. It was very fragile, and I wish I had another day or two to work on it. Next time I will start the bow a week in advance, which will give it a little more time to harden. But I was very pleased with the end result.


A big THANK YOU to Krissy for letting me be a part of your wedding!




Related Site

-Free Food Recipes Online

-Food and Drink Magazine

Related Videos :below I show related videos and not so related to this article.

Title: Another Package! :D

Lydia sent me a gift in the mail. I opened it. You know the routine :P

EDIT: I had a different song picked out, but YouTube removed it. *sigh* I had to auto swap it. The song I picked is Bring me to life by Evanessence. It was the only song I recognized =P Sorry about that.

Title: NH Krystal Vallarta Resort & Gran Bahia Principe Coba Resort - Vancouver Departure

Escapes of the Week from Vancouver - Sep 9 to Sep 16, 2010

This week's vacation deals from Vancouver include...

Hot Last Minute Deals
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
4 star NH Krystal Vallarta Resort
Departs: Sept. 18 & 23 -- 1 week
All-inclusive package on sale: $498 + tax
(Transat)

Riviera Maya, Mexico
4 ½ star Gran Bahia Principe Coba Resort
Departs: Sept. 19, 26 & Oct. 3 -- 1 week
All-inclusive package on sale: $798 + tax






0 comments:

Post a Comment