PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I love Junior League cookbooks. They are usually well tested recipes compiled by the Junior Leagues themselves ,of course to raise money. But many of these have become award winners.
PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE

I chose this one because altho its an older book, many of the recipes are typically Californian and awesome.This is one of my favorite recipes from this book. Ive made it many, many times.

PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE MAKES 1 9in. cake


Crust:

3/4 c.graham cracker crumbs(about 12 single crackers)

1/2 c. ground pecans

1/4 c. brown sugar

1/4 c. granulated sugar

1/4 c. butter, melted


Filling:

3/4 c. granulated sugar

3/4 c. pumpkin puree

3 egg yolks

1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp. ground mace

1/2 tsp. ground ginger

1/2 tsp. salt

1 1/2 lbs. cream cheese, softened

6 tb. granulated sugar

1 egg plus 1 yolk

2 tb. whipping cream

1 tb. sifted cornstarch

1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

1/2 tsp. lemon extract


Whipped cream and whole pecans for garnish


To prepare Crust: Combine all ingredients and mix well, coating crumbs completely with butter. Pat crumb mixture firmly into bottom of a 9in. springform pan. Place in freezer while preparing filling.


To prepare Filling: Mix 3/4c. sugar, pumpkin puree, 3 egg yolks, cinnamon, mace, ginger and salt in a bowl. Set aside. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and 6 tb. sugar till smooth. Add the egg plus egg yolk and the whipping cream. Mix again till smooth. Add cornstarch and blend well. Add vanilla and lemon extracts. Mix again till very smooth. Add spiced pumpkin puree to cream cheese mixture. Mix until no traces of white remain. (The smooth texture of this cheesecake depends on the thorough mixing.)


Pour filling over crumb crust in springform pan. Bake 45 min., or until sides have risen. The center will be somewhat soft. Remove from oven. Cool to rm. temp., then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Run knife around edge of pan and release the sides. Remove cheesecake from pan bottom. Garnish with whipped cream rosettes and pecans.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Related Site

-Drink and Chicken Recipes

-Pork Chop Recipes online

Related Videos :below I show related videos and not so related to this article.

Title: Pumpkin Cheesecakes

Delectable mini cheesecakes using Einstein Bros. Pumpkin Shmear with a gingersnap crust and whipped cream topping.

Title: pumpkin cheesecake tutorial 001.MOV

PLEASE READ: I am so sorry this video has so much going on in it, but with it being Christmas Eve I wanted to include the whole family (Nathan is missing he is in Atlanta with his dads side of the family, and the hubby was filming). I am also sorry this is being uploaded later than I had expected. I have to admit I have been getting really sick and I have had to take so much meds it is terrible. Hence the reason I have no makeup on. I had to run to the store with the hubby to get a few things for dinner tonight, so I took the time to get dressed and ready to go. I hope everyone is having an amazing Christmas Eve and looking forward to a much anticipated Christmas day.
This is a great cheesecake to make year round, it does not have to be limited to just Thanksgiving and Christmas. I had a friend ask me to make it as a cake for her birthday in July and it was a big hit. I love to cook and if you would like to see many more cooking tutorials please let me know and I will be more than happy to make them. Nathan is the one who does the great editing, so future tutorials will be much better.
As promised here is the recipe.
Ingredients

Crust:
1 3/4 cups graham crackercrumbs
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 stick melted salted butter

Filling:
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese,atroom temperature
1 (15-ounce) can pureed pumpkin
3eggs plus 1egg yolk
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoonall-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
Preheat oven to 350degrees F.

For crust:
In medium bowl, combine crumbs, sugarand cinnamon.Add melted butter. Pressdown flat intoa 9-inch springform pan. Setaside.

For filling:
Beat cream cheese until smooth.Add pumpkin puree,eggs,egg yolk, sour cream, sugar and the spices. Add flour and vanilla. Beat together until well combined.
Pour into crust. Spread outevenly and place oven for 1 hour.Remove from the ovenand let sit for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
(I however suggest that you allow it to sit in your oven with it slightly cracked open for a period of 2 hours, and than refrigerate.) It taste amazing with some whip cream and if you would like to see a tutorial on the whip cream please let me know and I will be more than happy to do so.

Enjoy and have a Very Merry Christmas. Hugs and love to all of you and thank you so much for a wonderful years journey here on youtube.

Other ways to contact me.
My Blog: http://jacquelynv.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/creativejackie
My Form Spring: http://www.formspring.me/creativejackie
My BlogTv: http://www.blogtv.com/People/creative...
My Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fan-Pag...
My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/jvanduzergarcia
My personal email: jacquelyn831@gmail.com
My Etsy Sale Page: http://www.etsy.com/people/CREATIVEJA...

Disclaimer
This is a desert me and my family made. We bought everything with our own money.






0 comments:

Post a Comment