Thank You Bakerella!!!


Thank You Bakerella!!!

Bakerella is famous for her Cake Pops. She makes really cute pops for all of the holidays, and this time around I couldn’t resist trying them! My friend Sara and I spent an entire day decorating our cute little creations (some of which are pictured above).

We started by baking cakes from a cake mix. After the cakes baked and cooled, we crumbled them into a bowl and mixed them with frosting. Next, we rolled them into balls (about the size of a quarter). The balls needed to go in the freezer for a few minutes while we melted our candy melts. It was necessary to dip the lollipop sticks into the chocolate melts before putting them into the balls. This made it so the balls wouldn’t fall off the sticks. Once the balls were all on sticks, we placed them into foam blocks and put them back into the freezer. After a few minutes we were able to dip the cake pops into candy melts and decorate away. It’s amazing what you can do with cake sprinkles and confetti! For more details on how to make Bakerella’s Famous Cake Pops check out her website at http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/08/hope-these-put-smile-on-your-face.html





Related Site

-Free Food Recipes Online

-Food and Drink Magazine

Related Videos :below I show related videos and not so related to this article.

Title: Stairway to the Stars, solo jazz fingerstyle guitar by Jake Reichbart

DVD lessons, pricing and shipping:

The vast majority of the DVDs are lesson on my specific song arrangements as seen on YouTube, check out these samples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s935JOAs9qU

There are a few general topic DVDs as well. Check out this video, it's a sample from my DVD lesson "How To Arrange Any Song For Solo Guitar":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg-et0nVgo8

Any DVD off the list costs $25. S&H (USPS First Class) in the US for DVD costs $4 with additional DVDs only raising the S&H by $1 each. One DVD will cost, therefore, $29 including S&H. Two DVDs will cost $55, etc. I can give you a discount for a larger quantity... For S&H to almost anywhere else outside the US, add $4. There is no ordering form, simply email me at jake.reichbart@gmail.com with your selections and country and I will calculate your total. DVDs are available in NTSC or PAL.

Paypal is the easiest, quickest and most reliable payment method and I can email you a Paypal invoice once we have established the order and I know where to ship.

1) Creepin' by Stevie Wonder
2) Lately by Stevie Wonder. This title also comes with a 15 minute segment showing chord substitutions for Stella By Starlight
3) Steppin' Out by Joe Jackson
4) A very cool and in depth video to go with my performance of the standard "Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me", really getting into jazz harmony
5) Maxine by Donald Fagen
6) Deacon Blues by Steely Dan
7) Save a prayer by Duran Duran
8) A jazz harmony for the guitar DVD, very advanced
9) Feel Like Flying by Gino Vannelli
10) Lead electric blues guitar, brand new! 90 min., based on my guitar work on the accompanying CD to the Hal Leonard book Bass Grooves: The Ultimate Collection by Jon Liebman
11) Lead Jazz Guitar: The Art of Phrasing with Rhythmic Figures and Patterns. If you know scales, arpeggios and chords but somehow can't quite seem to put together a satisfying solo, this DVD will show you how. An hour and 20 minutes. Intermed/Adv.
12) Every Summer Night by Pat Metheny, 1 hour and 50 minutes long!
13) This Masquerade (Leon Russel/George Benson), complete arrangement, including a lengthy improvisation section. One hour and 30 min.
14) After The Love Has Gone by EW&F, an hour and 45 minutes, slowly going over every note!
15) Moonlight in Vermont, an hour and 40 minutes, extra emphasis on chord substitutions.
16) Us and Them, Pink Floyd
17) Bird of Beauty, Stevie Wonder
18) Taking A Chance On Love, an hour and 35 minutes. Chord substitutions, walking bass, improvisation and much more!
19) The Wind Cries Mary, one hour and 30 min. Includes an extended lesson segment on how to play intervals Jimi Hendrix style!
20) Babylon Sisters by Steely Dan, nearly two hours long! AND includes a complete TAB!
21) With a Little Help From My Friends, The Beatles, 90 minutes.
22) Hall & Oates "Double Feature", two songs on one DVD, Sara Smile and One on One! An hour and 40 minutes. Samples from these lessons are available as part of my latest uploads of these two songs.
23) Michael Jackson - Jackson Five "Double Feature", two songs on one DVD, I'll Be There & Never Can Say Goodbye! An hour and 40 minutes.
24) Blues in G, 80 minutes, learn how to play the blues for solo guitar in the style of Joe Pass. Advanced!
25) Emily, Chord substitutions, lead, bass lines... 80 minutes.
26) My Cherie Amour - Stevie Wonder, one hour and 15 minutes. Includes a TAB as well!!! Widescreen
27) Blue In Green - one hour and 35 minutes. Heavily focused on chord substitutions. Not for the harmonically faint of heart - very advanced!! Widescreen
28) All The Things You Are - an hour and 20 minutes. Chord melody, chord substitutions, lead... One of my best! intermed/adv. Widescreen
29) How Deep Is Your Love - my most viewed solo guitar performance on YouTube is finally available as a 90 minute DVD lesson in widescreen!
30) I'm Not In Love by 10CC, Widescreen
31) The theme from the James Bond film Goldfinger, Widescreen
32) So May It Secretly Begin, Pat Metheny, Widescreen
33) Change The World, Eric Clapton, Widescreen
34) Through The fire, Chaka Khan - an hour and 20 minutes, Widescreen
35) Hey Nineteen, Steely Dan - an hour and 20 minutes, Widescreen
36) Make Me Smile, Chicago - an hour and 25 minutes, Widescreen
37) I Talk To The Wind, King Crimson, Widescreen
38) Baby Come Back, Player - an hour and 20 minutes, Widescreen
39) Just You 'N' Me, Chicago - an hour and 20 minutes, Widescreen
40) Because You Loved Me, Celine Dion, an hour and 10 minutes, Widescreen

Title: Candlewicking Embroidery on a cake

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Serious-Cakes/137879896226758?ref=ts


Link to all my videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SeriousCakes#g/u

I might do this cake again, just to see if I can have it turn out better. lol-just so everyone knows in case anyone favorites it!

There are some people and sites I'd like to mention here, ones that I haven't pointed out before. I've found quite a few people on the 'net that have been very helpful, not only that but they also encourage and inspire me. Some of them I've mentioned before (tonedna, Mayen, fairytalecakes) but here's a few more:

Nivia
http://www.youtube.com/user/nivia91
She makes such beautiful cakes!!

PepiYaneva
http://www.youtube.com/user/PepiYaneva
I still can't get over how pretty her cakes are with such few supplies, seriously makes me want try harder with what I have instead of buying new gadgets!

ButterFairy (also known as sayhellojana on cakecentral.com)
http://butterfairybakes.blogspot.com/
This woman is the reason I started experimenting more with my cake flavors. Because of her I started adding coffee and sour cream to my chocolate and yellow cakes and the cake in this video is the Brown Sugar Buttermilk Cake she has listed on her site. Oh my goodness, thank you so much for this, I can't wait for NYE to combine both cakes into a taste masterpiece! (ok, I know, a little froofy but still, it's awesome)

Bakerella
http://www.bakerella.com/
I've posted this link before but it bears repeating, cute, cute and more cute!

Sweet Lady Jane
http://www.sweetladyjane.com/
I think this is a bakery but wow it's just amazing. I can't remember how I came across this site, every once in awhile I'll type 'buttercream cakes' into Google and check out the pics that come up. Her gallery used to be set up differently so it was easier to see the cakes though :(

And here's the link to what I used as inspiration for this cake:
http://cdn2.ioffer.com/img/item/714/267/16/o_ZUBe8M2c3Etjvn3.jpg
Isn't that beautiful?






0 comments:

Post a Comment